Tuesday 25 September 2012


REALITY CHECK

HOW DO YOU KEEP YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE TO TRUST YOU?

When I logged in to my face book on Sunday, on my wall I saw this…..
Picture:faked messages  of Tyler Perry

 

Well, I am a fan of Tyler Perry’s movies because I find them funny persuading educating and the same time entertaining. In my mind then came this question of how do you keep your target audience in believing in you? Tyler Perry came back an wrote an apology letter which states that those comments were faked and there fore he apologise, but how do we even trust that it was him who wrote that letter? After this apology letter there was comments, again how do we gain trust that these comments are originally from him?

But let me tell you what Tyler Perry did to convince his target audiences, he wrote the following in his letter of apology

·         ask for forgiveness and explain what happened

·         gave his fans a low ticket to watch a play

DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES THAT I CAN'T CONTROL

Unfortunately, due to circumstances that I can't control, we've had to cancel this leg of the Medea Gets a Job tour.

Here's why. I set a ticket price for the show starting at $25. The reason I set

 The price so low is so that everyone could get a chance to come out and see the show. I know how tight things are right now. I GET IT! I do not tour to make a living, I tour because I love staying connected to all of you. I love seeing your faces, hearing you laugh and seeing you enjoy yourselves. It gives me great joy. Even though it's a lot of work, I really don't mind doing it. Because of that, what I do is make sure that the promoter sets a reasonable ticket price and the prices are $25, $45 and $65 .”if you want to read more,log on to your facebook,search for Tyler Perry and like the page.


14 comments:

  1. I think that this situation shows that as a brand, well-known personality or a company you should keep abreast of what goes on, Tyler Perry was able t make the apology in time before the situation got worse. Organisations should really invest in good secutity installments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope this is a lesson to all organisations out there,they should take a look at who is responsible fro their business passwords.

      Delete
  2. this shows how tyler perry is proactive to solve a problem because if he did not it would have created a bad image for him, social media is great tool to use but we need to be careful of identity theft

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How does one become carefull about identity theft?well mistakes and fraud happen in our daily lives but reality is how do you handle the situation.

      Delete
  3. this shows a well-known personality of a well known person who knows how to solve problems and very creative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT DOESNT MEAN HE IS CREATIVE ,IT MEANS HE KNOWS HOW TO HANDLE A SITUATION

      Delete
  4. DISAGREE!!

    Robert Green states that Insinuation is the best way to manipulate someone, I wouldnt be suprised if he hired the person to use an alternative account and write that post. Then he would come in as a hero with his REAL POST, and decrease tickets for ONE SHOW!

    Brilliant P.R in that it frames him as a saint whilst allowing him to still charge the same price for his other shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tebogo, i never thought of that problem, but hey the issue here is how he handled the problem,as a persuader he mainipulated us to believe that it was fake messages,and therefore he appologised and gave low cost tickets.

      Delete
  5. what matters is that he apologised,it shows that he is proactive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apology is one thing that celebrities must learn do before the public, because if they do not apologies people will loose trust in them.

    ReplyDelete